Trust Our Compassion And Empathy, Experience And Advocacy To Help You Achieve Closure
Sexual abuse, molestation, assault and harassment affect people in profoundly intimate ways. They cause physical and psychological damage that can affect a victim's personality, career and relationships over a lifetime. Together we can seek remedial justice against those responsible.
"You helped me write the end to a tough chapter in my life. For the first time in my life, I feel that my childhood is in a context that is manageable. Words can't explain the weight that has been lifted from me." — Client testimonial, abused at age 5
At the Law Office of Tahira Khan Merritt, we help children and adults who have suffered sexual assault and sexual abuse. It has been the sole focus of attorney Merritt's career since 1992. You can trust that she is well-versed in state and federal laws that impact your case. You can also trust that she understands your struggle and the challenges you face.
The power of the civil justice system, when properly invoked, can help survivors of abuse achieve just closure. Relevant cases involve:
- Administrators in higher education who have allowed rape or sexual violence on campus
- Members of the clergy or religious organizations who have betrayed trust
- Coaches, counselors and aides who have misused their positions of power to prey on children
- Health care workers who have exploited innocent children and vulnerable adults
- Property owners and landlords who have failed to provide adequate security for residents
Confidentiality And Understanding
When you are ready to discuss your legal options, call our law office in Dallas for a confidential consultation with our lawyer at 877-341-4161. Our clients also have access to our Victim Advocate, who is a survivor of childhood sexual abuse.
You may also send us your information by completing our confidential form online.